October is such a busy birthday month for our families. The most important two birthdays to DH and I are our dads. Their birthdays are just eight days apart.
This year, rather than getting them the stand-by Hallmark card, I wanted to give them each something special from Gabriella. So, I took inspiration from a mom friend of mine and got my creative juices flowing.
Where do you go when you want to craft? Well, for me its Michael’s Crafts. I went to the store and gathered my supplies:
- 2-pack of canvas I used the 8×11 size ($5.99)
- Paint brush, which I had at home. I used a 2″ chip brush which you can find at any hardware store. ($1.00)
- Paint, which I had at home. I used gold and white.
- Crayola finger paint in black. ($2.50)
- Wood chipborad. I found the word “family” in the bargain bins. ($1.50 each)