Continuing on my baking kick this week in honor of the upcoming holidays I thought it would be nice to share yet another home-made treat that I like to give as gifts. I swear, if you make these you will be a rockstar in your house. They are so easy make too! Just mix, pour and bake. Then eat of course!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
|Nom Nom Nom – moist and delicious!|
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line it with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars, using an electric mixer, until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool completely in the pan, then cut into 32 bars (8 rows by 4 rows).