Holiday Pumpkin Bread (Home-made Holiday)
Holiday Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7×3 inch loaf pans or 8 mini loaf pans.
- Mix oil, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl. Mix in pumpkin puree and water. Stir together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in nuts and raisins. Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour. (For mini’s 40-50 minutes). Cool on wire racks.
This bread is very moist. Personally, I like to add chocolate chips and walnuts rather than the raisins. This makes such cute gifts and the wrapping is totally up to your imagination. I typically use the clear plastic cookie bags with ribbons and print out labels depending on the occasion. My mom and I have been making this for years and its always well recieved. I most recently made the breads this past weekend for our church’s holiday bazaar. I hope you give it a try!