I’m linking up with The Mommyhood Chronicles for Saturday’s top five laughs.
- Took GiGi for our weekly grocery shopping trip at Whole Foods Market. Well, now that she is bigger I use a grocery cart cover and put her in there rather than push a stroller and a grocery cart. Too big for baby wearing or stroller while Mama shops. Anyway, I pulled up next to the spices on the baking aisle not thinking anything of it and boom…baby-longarms is clearing spices off the shelf! Took me a minute to notice since I was bending down looking at breadcrumbs on the bottom shelf. She though this was hysterical of course and as soon as I started picking them up she knocked them down. Then I got smart and pushed the shopping carriage away!
- Lasagna – GiGi likes her lasagna…anything pasta really. Now she enjoys finger painting with the sauce! So, we bath nightly! Which brings me to bath time…
- We use to bath GiGi in the Puj tub, but that’s long gone as she out grew it in a second. We have upgraded to a stand alone tub I found at IKEA. I’m just not ready to strain my back for bath time. So Gram came by the other night after dinner to help out and she bathed GiGi. I forgot to mention to her that she too would be taking a bath since splish splash has become all the rage during bath time. Now she knows. Sorry Mom. 🙂
- Placemats – Everyone knows what these are and I like to use them. DH handed GiGi to Poppa (my Dad) at our kitchen table and before anyone blinked an eye BOOM, CRASH, SPLASH a glass of water and a mug of coffee everywhere. The water glass broke and the kitchen had a slight flood of sticky coffee water. Hey DH, do not hand baby-longarms to someone who isn’t aware of their magic-table-clearing tricks!
- Lastly, baby gas. We started GiGi on whole milk and we can no longer blame the dog for the gas smell. I mean, who really drinks whole milk these days?