Okay, so I’ve been eating TONS of veggies since Thanksgiving. But now with my cookie swap this Sunday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas next weekend…all the holiday eating of rich foods (lets not forget the drinks!) tends to make me feel all blah and sluggish. Hence the veggie eating!
I’ve been dragging DH out on walks whenever the weather cooperates because its GOOD to walk, makes me feel energized, and it makes me feel better in the tummy rather than all blah and bloated.
As a matter of fact this morning for breakfast I juiced carrots and apples and even G drank some! Oh yes, let the holiday detox begin.
Back to the broccoli slaw “spaghetti” recipe. I follow Jen from the blog A Prior Fat Girl. First, she is hilarious, and second she thinks up fun ways to eat veggies and EVEN chocolate sometimes! She posted this recipe once and I was like, “hmm…that sounds interesting, I wonder if DH would eat it?” I mean, trying to trick someone who is 100% Italian that broccoli is pasta?! I didn’t even know where to buy this broccoli slaw…but I found it…and he ate it…and it was DELICIOUS!
FYI–>In RI, they sell it at Trader Joe’s and Dave’s Market.
Broccoli Slaw “Spaghetti”
- Broccoli slaw
- 1 pound of ground meat of your choice (I use sweet Italian chicken sausage)
- 1 jar of Pasta Sauce or homemade (18 ounces)
- Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Cook ground meat in a skillet until browned.
- Add your jarred or homemade spaghetti sauce to the browned meat in the skillet and stir it up until it is all warmed through.
- Turn off the heat on your skillet and add the broccoli slaw. Serve with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and MANGIA!