For me, hosting a holiday gathering is a great time to unwind from the holiday stress and kick back and relax with friends and family. With that said, I was lucky enough to have a trial run of a dessert I’ll be making for this festive gathering.
Choose your own cake and filling by visiting Duncan Hines. They have TONS of recipes and combinations to choose from so your options are endless. Duncan Hines has been around since 1908 so you know its a brand you can trust.
- 1 package Dunkin Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 cups of whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) Comstock or Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- Beat whipping cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar gradually.
- To assemble, place on cake layer on serving plate. Spread two-thirds cherry pie filling on cake to within 1/2 inch of edge. Spread 1.5 cups whipped cream mixture over cherry pie filling. Top with second layer. Frost sides and top with remaining whipped cream mixture. Spread remaining cherry pie filling on top to within 1-inch of edge. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
|This cake is SO moist!|
|So pretty and festive!|
- Ginger Ale (4-6 ounces)
- Grenadine (1 ounce)
- Cherry Vodka (2 ounces)
- Maraschino Cherry for garnish
- Pour all ingredients over ice in a tall glass. Stir, drink and ENJOY!