I don’t eat red meat. Nothing beef has gone into my mouth in over 10 years. I’m just not a fan and it grosses me out. So, we eat A LOT of everything else.
Once Dr. T and I started living together and I started building my recipe file I came across this really GREAT recipe for Turkey Meatloaf and the rest is history. I have passed this recipe on to so many family and friends and even served it to my father who is NOT a fan of turkey or meatloaf. He insists that my mom has been making a GIANT meatball and calling it meatloaf for like 30 plus years.
So, do you eat turkey on a regular basis or just on the holidays? Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey (mix of dark and light meat)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Stoneyfield farm low fat plain yogurt (I have also used Greek plain yogurt)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten