You may remember me mentioning my plan for dinners this week. Well, this made the cut. Its super easy, mostly just involves waiting for water to boil AND healthy! Mama says eat your veggies!
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 10 ounces short pasta, such as fusilli
- 5 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan, finely grated (1/4 cup), plus more for serving
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 small garlic clove
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large pot of boiling and salted water, cook broccoli until tender and bright green, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to a food processor. Return water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
- To food processor, add oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice, parsley, and garlic. Puree until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down side as needed. Transfer pesto to pot with pasta. Stir to coat, adding enough reserved past water to make a creamy sauce. Stir in beans and heat over medium until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.