I thought you might like a quick way to make personal pizza’s for any football or sports games you may be watching. This is a little something I came up with for the winter months because it reminds of back in the summer when we would make grilled pizzas all the time.
Personal Naan Pizza
- Garlic Naan Bread (I find this at our local Whole Foods Store)
- Cooked chicken breast (about 2 cups) shredded
- 1 can 15 ounces pizza sauce (I used Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce)
- Large Red Onion, caramelized
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup torn, fresh Basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place Garlic Naan breads on baking sheet and bake until each side is golden brown. About 5 minutes per side. Remove from the oven when golden and warm.
- In the meantime, slice up your red onion. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add red onion to the pan and a sprinkling of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally adding a little bit of water as necessary if onions begin to stick. Cook until deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To build your Naan pizza, top each with pizza sauce, caramelized red onions, cooked chicken, and fresh Mozzarella. Sprinkle the tops with a dash of salt. Return the pizzas to the oven until the cheese has melted and toppings are warmed through. About 10 minutes.
- Serve with a light sprinkling of the fresh torn basil. You can cut these pizzas into smaller servings or serve as personal pizzas.