So I made something that I found on Pinterest! Another small victory I suppose. I pin so many darn things so I get excited when one actually comes to life!
You can check out my entire shopping trip and cooking pictures here on Google+.
Valentine Chex Mix
- 9 cups of Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup of white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cup Valentine’s day M&M’s
- 4 tbsp red or pink sprinkles (we call these jimmies here in New England)
- Place cereal in a medium bowl. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place 1/2 of the mixture in 1-gallon food storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on wax paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on wax paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- In a serving bowl mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.