Welcome to the first Tasty Tuesday of April! Today I am featuring a simple and light sweet treat that I developed. You know how it is during the week. You may or may not plan out your meals. I try to and did successfully this week. Saves me time and stress. To reward myself for my diligent meal planning this week I wanted to end Monday’s meal with a dessert. I didn’t want to spend too much time or effort so I came up with a twist on the classic french Napoleon Dessert. This is a romantic dessert to be shared with the hubby once our daughter goes to bed. Not too big and not too small. No need to feel guilty after you’ve eaten it.
I can’t tell you how long it has been since I bought some COOL WHIP Whipped Topping. Once I had it in my possession the memories of my childhood came flashing back. I love the the style of the packaging hasn’t changed. You know exactly what you are getting when you see that round container with the blue and white logo. I love that fact that you purchase it frozen so you can keep it on hand and when you need it just put it into the fridge for a few hours and its ready for you!
- COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Ladyfingers (about 12)
- 6 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoon Grand Mariner
- 1 tablespoon confectioner sugar
- In a small bowl combing sliced strawberries and raspberries. Toss berries with 1 tablespoon of the Grand Marnier and refrigerate for one hour so flavors can blend. Using a pastry brush, brush the ladyfingers with the remaining tablespoon of Grand Marnier.
- Place three ladyfingers on a serving dish and gently top with COOL WHIP in an even layer. Add berry mixture in an even layer on top of the COOL WHIP layer. Add another layer of ladyfingers and repeat berry mixture and COOL WHIP layer. Finally top with berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serves 2.