I made this over the weekend and it was really easy and really delicious. G even ate it and it was her first time eating shrimp. What I like best is that you cook everything in one pot which of course = less mess and cleanup. Also, it takes a little over 30 minutes from start to finish. I served it with toasted rosemary bread which was on sale at my local Whole Foods.
Skillet Shrimp and Orzo
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound orzo
- 3 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in top position. In a large broiler proof skillet, heat 5 teaspoons oil over medium. Add garlic and cook until just beginning to brown, 1 minute. Increase heat to high and add tomatoes; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 minutes. Add orzo and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover, transfer to oven, and bake until liquid is mostly absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Remove skillet from oven and place shrimp on top of orzo. Heat broiler. Broil until shrimp are opaque throughout, 4 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Recipe from Everyday Food
Please only link up the web address to your recipe not your blog’s homepage. Please visit at least 1 other recipe that is linked, preferably the one above yours. Grab my nifty button on the right side bar. Most important of all HAVE FUN and Mangia!