- You are on to bigger and better things these days. I mean, you are still into books, but climbing is still far more interesting than reading about colors or Elmo.
- You are learning to assert yourself…by screeching and grunting (no more biting and pinching).
- You have learned to give hugs and kisses. You like to hug your stuffed animals and rock them back and forth. It’s too stinking cute.
- You are still teething! It seems as though you are getting all of your teeth at once too. This is really taking its toll on all of us. Poor baby.
- When we tell you that Gramma, Poppa, or Nonna is coming over you run for the door. When you see them you are so excited you run all over the house giggling.
- Your new favorite books are “Elmo Says” and “Elmo Goes to the Supermarket.”
- You can say many words: cheese, Mama, Dada, Nonna, Papa (sounds more like Bapa), kitty, doggy, bee, baby, tick tock, keys, bye-bye (in a soothing Southern drawl), Sassy, meow-meow, mini-mini.
- You holler through a paper-towel roll like it’s a megaphone.
- You are a social magnet. You wave at everyone you see at Athena’s restaurant, at Home Depot, in the market.
- The first two words you strung together are “Buh Bye Daddy.”
- You have grown in height quite a bit. Now you can climb onto the ottoman and then onto the couch. You’ve bounced off a couple of times, but of course that is funny to you.
- You love spicy food. I made Indian spiced chicken the other night and you kept eating and eating it. You also love guacamole, but really, who doesn’t?
- Your hair is growing like crazy! You have all these fancy ringlets all over the back of your head.
- In just a few days we will be moving to New York! Bittersweet that we will leave the place you first called home.
- You like to “sing” and hum.
- You like to organize. Today, you took a toy cup from a drawer in your dresser and put it on the activity table, where it belongs. Taking after Mama!
- Also like Mama, you like to throw things away. When it doubt, throw it out! I think you’ve thrown away a couple of my hair ties and some toys in the process.
Clothes: You’re wearing 18-24 & 2T in both tops and bottoms.
Sleep: Bedtime is around 7pm and (most of the time) you sleep until 6:30-7 a.m.
Nap(s): Just one nap a day now. Usually between 12:30 and 1 p.m. and for one and a half to two hours.
Eating: You drink your whole milk from a bottle and will only drink water from the sippy cup. We need to work on this…STILL. You eat everything and anything and lots of it!
Teeth: 4 top teeth and 4 bottom teeth plus 1 GIANT molar. Cutting that sucker was a bear!
Happy 18 month birthday sweet girl!