Pasta with Peppers, Squash, & Tomatoes
- coarse salt
- 3/4 pound rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet or spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 bell pepper (not green), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- red-pepper flakes
- grated Pecorino Romano, for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add sausage and cook, breaking apart with a slotted spoon, until cooked through, about 6 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and bell pepper to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned in spots, 6 minutes. Add squash and 3/4 the tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup pasta water and cook until tomatoes soften, 4 minutes. Return sausage to pan and add remaining tomatoes. Season with red-pepper flakes. Cook until sausage is warmed through and juices thicken slightly, about 2 minutes. Toss with pasta; if necessary, add remaining pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Serve with Pecorino Romano.
Recipe from Everyday Food
Please only link up the web address to your recipe not your blog’s homepage. Please visit at least 1 other recipe that is linked, preferably the one above yours. Grab my nifty button on the right side bar. Most important of all HAVE FUN and Mangia!