We went to Trader Joe’s the other day to get some things and of course they had product sampling out. One of the samples DH grabbed to nibble on was an interesting couscous type of side dish. It looked pretty tasty and not too involved. When I glanced at it and remembered I had a couple of the ingredients at home in my pantry. We will call it…
Israeli Couscous and Bean Salad
- 1 box Trader Joe’s Israeli couscous
- 1 small jar of red roasted peppers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can of garbanzo bean, rinsed and drained
- olive oil
- half of a lemon, juiced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- Cook couscous per package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir couscous with a tablespoon or so of olive oil to coat.
- Add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, green onions, fresh basil, & salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or refrigerate.
- I noticed that this dish tastes better the next day. So yummy!