I am on a huge pumpkin spree in our house. Everything and anything I can make or buy that includes pumpkin, I am in! So, I wanted to whip up some muffins for the weekend. Today is a cold and rainy day here in New York so its a perfect opportunity to turn on the oven and have the smell of pumpkin spice perfuming the air.
I didn’t want to fuss to much so I grabbed a box of my favorite go to pumpkin bread/muffin mix from Trader Joe’s. You could certainly use your own recipe or favorite box mix. I have a really easy and yummy pumpkin bread recipe you can print here.
Since I wanted to keep things simple I used my new Handi-Foil muffin pans with Halloween bake cups. By using these muffin pans I can bake in them, store the food in them and then recycle them when I am done. Easy! Handi-Foil was kind enough to send me the following pans for my upcoming holiday cooking and baking needs.
· 13×9 Orange Cake Pans and Lids (2 count)
· Square Orange Cake Pans and Lids (3 count)
· Pumpkin Pans and Lids (2 count)
· Muffin Pans with Halloween Bake Cups (3 count)
Aren’t these pans cute?!
I mixed the batter and poured it into my Halloween lined muffin tin. Baked them according the the package directions and set them off to the side to cool. While the muffins were cooling I made the cream cheese filling.
- 1 package of softened cream cheese.
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 3-4 shakes of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons of milk or half and half
- Beat all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
Once the muffins are completely cooled and you have your filling made you can begin to fill the muffins. To do so I used a zip top bag with a wide tip. Push the tip down into the center of the muffin and fill just until you see it coming out through the top.
Why I love these pans:
- Same great Handi-Foil quality – now made from 100% aluminum.
- 100% recyclable
- Meets FDA requirements
- 100% American made
- Makes my cooking and cleanup a breeze!