I made a Thanksgiving dinner over this past weekend. Turkey, stuffing, brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes. All the staples. Well it never seems to fail that we somehow run out of turkey and have a bunch of leftover sides. Thats how this idea was born. 🙂
- Stuffing (1 box or whatever you have leftover)
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- Mashed potatoes (1 box or 2 pounds of potatoes cooked and mashed}
- 1 cup of frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup of frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 box or 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a skillet heated over medium heat, cook meat until cooked through. Add cream of chicken soup, frozen corn and peas and stir until heated through. Turn off the heat and put it to one side.
- In a 9x11 inch baking dish, prepared with butter or cooking spray, spread a layer of stuffing over the bottom of the dish.
- Add the meat and veggie as the next layer.
- Finally top with mashed potatoes.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes covered with foil.
Can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Don’t forget to grab my handy button. 🙂