Home sweet home…ya know its nice to visit family and all but there is nothing like being home, having your own space, and sleeping in your own bed. Ahhh…bliss!
- G is totally picking up everything we say. More often that not when I walk into her bedroom I say, “holy cow, what a mess”. And guess what…now she says it too. Its much more funny when she says it though.
- G is all about giving big hugs lately. She will even say, “big hug!, big hug!’ I will take all the hugs I can get.
- In the few days leading up to our Rhode Island Christmas trip we would tell G that there are 4 days, 3 days, and then 2 days. Every morning when she woke up she wanted to know how many days until she saw her Papa’s, Nonna, and Grandma.
- Watching G open her gifts this Christmas literally brought me to tears. She is at such a great age now and it was just amazing watching her reaction to all the gifts Santa brought. Pure toddler joy!
- Now that we are back home G is settling back into our regular routine. Of course there are a slew of new toys to play with…Santa even left some here in New York that were waiting under the tree when we got home. I find it just precious that she remembers which toy is from which grandparent. She will say, “Nonna cow tutu” because Nonna got her a cool Alex toy puzzle where all the cows have tutus on. Or she will say, “Papa car” because one of Papa’s gifts was a motorized four wheeler. I just love all of it.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend before we ring in the New Year. We are getting more snow here and are expecting more family to visit tomorrow. Enjoy!
Join me for more Saturday laughs over at the Mommyhood Chronicles!