Well its a nice feeling to not have anything planned this weekend. We got back to NY last Friday and then had family visit from Sunday through New Years. I am thrilled to be able to lounge around and not have anyone to visit or holidays to celebrate. And…the sun is shining! I feel like I haven’t seen it in so long.
Time for the first laughs of the New Year!
- When I blow my nose its pretty loud. I just don’t know how else to do it without it sounding like a train coming into the station. G thinks its hilarious and so does T.J. so they have come up with a ridiculous term for me when I blow my nose. Ready for it? A Rhino-potamus. Yep. G will stop what she is doing to say, “Mama, Rhino”.
- G has started this new thing where she takes her toys into our bedroom. When I went to sleep last night there was an army of little people lined up on my night stand. They were staring at me too. Eek!
- We had T.J.’s older brother and his family stay with us through New Years. The three 2 year old toddlers have a total blast together. At one point they were running around chasing each other while shouting in sync. I wish I had caught a video.
- G wants T.J. to sing her a new song every night as part of the bedtime routine. Typically he has been singing the same song for months. But now, if he starts singing the same song, she says, “no, new song”. LOL
- Yesterday I made some banana bread. G gets very excited when I tell her we are going to cook or bake. I gathered my supplies and she gathered hers which meant find a bunch of baking utensils and place them in odd places around the first floor. At one point Rhody was walking around with a whisk in his mouth! I love her excitement but double the cleanup isn’t much fun.
Have a great weekend!
Join me for more Saturday laughs over at the Mommyhood Chronicles!