No Plans are the Best Plans?
As I sit here, in my recliner/glider that I rocked G in as a newborn, I’m having Braxton hicks contractions as well as lower back pain.
I am just one day shy of 37 weeks pregnant with our second daughter.
With so much focused around the move to our new house, one week from tomorrow, I haven’t really given thought to all the arrangements we should have made if I was to go into labor. We sign the closing papers this Friday and I have to be there. I’ve been waiting for this moment, like, forever!
We are in New York. A 2.5 hour drive from any close friends or family. We have tossed around ideas on how we would imagine it all to play out. I would go into labor during the day, we would call my parents, they would drive here and watch G and Rhody. Then, T.J. would take me to the hospital. No big deal right? And, all this would take place after we are moved into our new house and all settled in. I could easily labor a couple hours at home? Better yet, once we move into the new house my parents come and stay with is until this baby is born.
Now, today, with this new development of the Braxton hicks and lower back pains I am a wee bit concerned. I didn’t have any labor pains like this when I was pregnant with G. That was by far the most uneventful pregnancy, labor and delivery. (One of these days I will write out that birth story.)
I called my parents today to let them know about the false labor/labor and didn’t want to have them drive here for Braxton hicks. Just wanted to give them a heads up and that its probably a good idea if they keep a bag packed and are ready to go. I think my poor mom is panicked now. Oh, and my dad is not really into driving at night. Hmmm.
Seems as though this second baby is going to keep us guessing.
We are still in our condo. There is nothing prepared for the arrival of a new baby here. Stuff is every where. Boxes are piled up here and there and we no longer have accommodations for guests now that we converted our basement into the packing and storage area. Oh, and cleaning this place has become optional and a bare minimum at best.
Good news is I packed up my hospital bag today!
So please keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that this baby will stay put for another 3 weeks.