I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. #IHeartMyNailArt
Green is the color of the year. You can find it in clothing, shoes, and many accessories right now. Of course beauty is another way you can incorporate green into your everyday look. I have nothing green in my closet and have been wanting to pick up some green nail polish as a way to showcase the color of the year without spending money on items I wouldn’t wear again.
With Memorial Day right around the corner I thought it would be fun to experiment with some new colors and create watermelon inspired nails. With all the cookouts during the weekend long celebration you can expect to see watermelon on the table! Its a classic summer snack. I knew my toddler would totally get a kick out of it too since, at just 2.5 years old, is very into having her toes painted to look like mommy!
So, I went to my local Walgreens and picked up some Sally Hansen nail polish. They have a huge selection and I really wanted to try their new line of nail art pens. You can check out my shopping trip here. And don’t forget to sign up for Walgreens free savings program called Balance Rewards. You can sign up here for even more savings.
Here is how I achieved the look:
- I choose three Sally Hansen nail products to achieve this watermelon design. Sally Hansen insta-dri nail polish in “straw-ready” and “in record lime” as well as a nail art pen in white.
- Prepare your nails as you would for any polish. I cut and filed my nails short and square. My nails grow fast so this works best for me. Apply a clear base coat as well as two coats of the “in record lime”.
- Allow a bit of drying time and then, using everyday scotch tape, cut off about 2 inches of tape and place over the tip of your nail so just a little bit of the tip is peeking through. As if you were going for a French manicure look, but you will apply the “straw-ready” at the tip of your nail.
- Carefully apply the “straw-ready” color to the tip of your nail and carefully remove the tape.
- You can see the tape leaves a nice even line dividing the green polish from the pink polish.
- Allow the pink polish to try. This doesn’t take too long since the Sally Hansen insta-dry dries so quickly. Maybe 5 minutes or so.
- With the white nail art pen, apply small dots above the pink line. For best results, test this out on a tissue or piece of paper first. You do not need to apply hard pressure to achieve the dots. Apply clear top coat and allow everything to dry.
Show off your street style with a manicure using Sally Hansen! Street Style nails are funky and creative so go ahead and let your wild side show and share your story of what inspires your nails! Go create your own nail art with Sally Hansen nail products with the help of these savings available now at Walgreens: Magnetic and Crackle Polish $5.99 thru 5/25 and Complete Salon Manicure Polish on sale for 2/$10 thru 5/25. Check your local store for even more savings!
And for more nail art inspiration check out I Heart Nail Art by Sally Hansen on Facebook.