The Family Bed
Over the past few years since we’ve become parents, our bed has become the happening place.
The place we once use to only use for sleep has evolved into a lot more.
These days our bed takes on many roles:
1. Sleeping for all family members at one point or another.
2. Valentina’s changing table while we continue to prepare her nursery.
3. Laundry folding station.
4. Desk. Computer use, etc.
5. Snack table. I get hungry and thirsty while I feed Val in the middle of the night.
6. Feeding place for Val periodically through the day and for night feedings.
7. Story time and play area for G while I feed Val.
8. iPad movie watching area.
9. Bounce house for G!
Basically the bed is the landing zone for all important happenings lately. I don’t get why. We have several other rooms in the house including three extremely comfortable couches.
I’m ready to reclaim my bedroom for the tranquil place it once was.
And, four people in and around a queen size bed is crazy. It’s early time for an upgrade.
How does your bed/bedroom function in your house?