Country Crock :: Quick Fix Casseroles!
I don’t have time to think, shower, sleep, let alone whip up a fabulous weeknight dinner. I’m a mom to two little ladies. One who is just about three months and the other who is just about three years. Sure, I am home with both of them all day, but that doesn’t mean I have a ton of leisure time to look through my cookbooks like I use to, browse the supermarket aisles…alone for hours getting tons of ingredients. I need a meal fast, and often ahead of time. Something I can put together quickly in the morning and pop into the oven at night or something I can make in one dish with few ingredients.
Husband is walking though the door and everyone is hungry. Casserole to the rescue! Surely you know what a casserole is…they were popular when my parents were growing up in the 1950s. Casseroles are making a comeback…and in my house especially.
This week I am putting together a casserole because we have guests coming and that means more mouths to feed. A casserole is a great option because it serves a bunch of people and allows me to spend time with my guests rather than being stuck in the kitchen.
I made a Taco casserole, because we skipped Taco Tuesday this week. And, we just love tacos and nachos so this is a perfect twist on both!
- 1 pound of ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons of Country Crock Spread
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- corn chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook ground meat in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until done, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in cilantro.
- Combine beans, corn and Country Crock® Spread in 8-inch baking dish. Top with meat mixture; spread with salsa and sour cream and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated though and cheese is melted.
- Top with crushed corn chips.
Recipe adapted from CountryCrock.com.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.