Waffelize Your Wednesday :: Game Day Pizza Sliders
Disclosure: I am working with the Eggo brand as an “Eggo Chief Waffle Officer” over next eight weeks. All recipes and photographs are my original content. This is a compensated post.
We are big time footballs fans. We gear up in our favorite sports attire and cheer on the New England Patriots every time they play. We even include the kids in our football watching fun!
Naturally, snacks play a BIG roll in game day. When we lived closer to family we often hosted, anyone who could make it, to watch along with us. I love to host events and cook so it is always a win win situation in our house because my husband likes to eat! 🙂
I came up with this idea of pizza sliders during a 3am feeding with my littlest lady. Who doesn’t love pizza…and a slider? Kids and adults enjoy this treat and they are literally ready in minutes. You can even use these pizza snack as an activity for the kids to make while the game is on.
Game Day Pizza Sliders
- Mini Eggos, original flavor.
- Your favorite sauce.
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Toast the Eggos until cooked through in your toaster.
- Preheat your oven broiler to low.
- Separate the Eggos so you have tops and bottoms.
- Put about a tablespoon of sauce on each Eggo “bottom”.
- Add a sprinkle of cheese.
- Top with a round of pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with a bit more cheese.
- Place Eggo under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Remove from oven and top with another Eggo.
- Heat up a dish of sauce to serve on the side for dipping and add a toothpick so the slider stays together nicely and is easy to pick up!
Have your own unique Eggo recipe to share?
Head on over to the Eggo Facebook page and submit it to The Great Eggo Waffle Off where you can have the chance to win $5,000.00! And, stay tuned each week as I share a new and creative way to eat Eggo waffles for Waffle Wednesday!