Waffelize Your Wednesday :: Apple Eggo-Crisp!
Disclosure: I am working with the Eggo brand as an “Eggo Chief Waffle Officer” over next eight weeks. All recipes and photographs are my original content. This is a compensated post.
We are here in week two of my series of Eggo waffle inspired recipes. Last week I made a quick after school snack that was a twist on the quesadilla. This week I am going all out and celebrating Fall with a twist on the traditional apple crisp alla mode! A deconstructed apple crisp if you will.
Nothing says Fall here in New England like a fresh batch of apple crisp warm from the oven! With apple season and apple picking in full swing, this is the perfect personal sized treat you can make while waiting for the rest of your family to peel a ton of apples to make a big batch of apple crisp, pie, or your favorite apple dish! This will take no time at all and in minutes you will be enjoying a warm apple crisp!
- 1 Eggo waffle, flavor of your choice, lightly toasted.
- 1 Macintosh apple, peeled and sliced
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- dash of salt
- scoop of Breyers vanilla ice cream
- Toast your Eggo waffle until lightly toasted and cooked through.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add your peeled and sliced apple, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar. Cook for 2-5 minutes or until apples are heated through and soft. Turn of the heat and add the oats. Stir to combine.
- Place your Eggo on a plate. Top with cooked apples and oat mixture. Top with a scoop of Breyers vanilla ice cream!
Have your own unique Eggo recipe to share?
Head on over to the Eggo Facebook page and submit it to The Great Eggo Waffle Off where you can have the chance to win $5,000.00! And, stay tuned each week as I share a new and creative way to eat Eggo waffles for Waffle Wednesday!