Blueberry Baked French Toast :: Waffelize Your Wednesday
Disclosure: I am working with the Eggo brand as an “Eggo Chief Waffle Officer” over next eight weeks. All recipes and photographs are my original content. This is a compensated post.
This weeks theme is breakfast for dinner! Without a question, I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. Its just that good. This recipe is really easy and bakes all in one dish so there is little cleanup. Another little victory for a busy week night dinner.
Blueberry Baked French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 or 6 Eggo waffles, very well toasted and cut into bite sized pieces
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries. If using frozen like I did, defrost and drain the blueberries.
- 2 tsp of granulated sugar
- Butter to grease the baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease your baking dish. I used an 8×8 brownie pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Add the Eggo waffles to your baking dish and pour the wet mixture over top.
- Sprinkle the top with a bit of cinnamon and sugar and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm with a side of maple syrup!
Here are my other Eggo Waffle creations:
Have your own unique Eggo recipe to share?
Head on over to the Eggo Facebook page and submit it to The Great Eggo Waffle Off where you can have the chance to win $5,000.00! And, stay tuned each week as I share a new and creative way to eat Eggo waffles for Waffle Wednesday!