Waffle Wednesday :: Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Waffle Sandwich Sliders!
Disclosure: I am working with the Eggo brand as an “Eggo Chief Waffle Officer”. All recipes and photographs are my original content. This is a compensated post.
Say that five times fast! 🙂
Its Waffle Wednesday again!
While daydreaming up my Thanksgiving themed recipe featuring Eggo waffles this week all I could think about was pumpkin pie. I mean, that isn’t a dessert many people make any other time of year. The markets start rolling out cans of pumpkin pie filling and you see it on every aisle end cap. The rest of the year its found on the bottom shelf in the baking aisle. Meh. I love pumpkin. Its so good for you too.
So, while I was thinking about all things pumpkin, I though pumpkin ice cream! Now that is something really special. There is this dairy farm not too farm from our house that makes pumpkin ice cream during this wonderful time of year. Being a New England-er, Fall is truly my favorite time of year. So, why not put pumpkin ice cream into my pumpkin pie recipe?! And, you can find pumpkin ice cream in most national markets.
I thought this would be a fun twist on the traditional pumpkin pie. Its easy to assemble and imagine the look on your guests face as you appear from the kitchen with these little delicious morsels!
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Waffle Sandwich Sliders
- Eggo Brown Sugar CinnamonRoll Wafflers, two, toasted
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sauce, store bought or make your own.
- Toast your Eggo waffles.
- Separate the two waffles so you have two halves.
- Scoop your pumpkin ice cream onto one side of your waffle and top with the other waffle.
- Return to the freezer to harden.
- Dip one end of your sandwich into chocolate sauce and return to the freezer for a couple minutes.
- Remove from freezer and garnish with whipped cream, dash of cinnamon, and crushed graham crackers.
Here are my other Eggo Waffle creations:
- Apple Eggo-dillas
- Apple Eggo-Crisp
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Blueberry Baked French Toast
- Eggo Inspired Kitty Cat
Have your own unique Eggo recipe to share?
Head on over to the Eggo Facebook page and submit it to The Great Eggo Waffle Off where you can have the chance to win $5,000.00! And, stay tuned each week as I share a new and creative way to eat Eggo waffles for Waffle Wednesday!