- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus some for greasing the pan, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork until smooth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 grated quick cooking oats
- Mini Eggo Waffles, lightly toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line your muffin tin.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs and bananas. Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients; do not mix more than necessary. Gently stir in the vanilla.
- Place a mini Eggo into the bottom of each of the muffin liners. Pour the batter into the muffin tin, on top of the Eggo, and bake for 10-12 minutes, until nicely browned. A toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin will come out fairly clean, but banana bread is excessively moist compared to other breads. Do not overcook. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
Here are my other Eggo Waffle creations:
- Apple Eggo-dillas
- Apple Eggo-Crisp
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Blueberry Baked French Toast
- Eggo Inspired Kitty Cat
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Waffle Sliders
Have your own unique Eggo recipe to share?
Head on over to the Eggo Facebook page and submit it to The Great Eggo Waffle Off where you can have the chance to win $5,000.00! And, stay tuned each week as I share a new and creative way to eat Eggo waffles for Waffle Wednesday!