Making Easter Memories with HERSHEYS
Disclosure: I received product from Hershey’s and a stipend from Global Influence for this post.
Holidays have always been big and memorable events for me from when I was just a young girl. Every holiday was filled with friends and family around a huge table of food, decorations and memories that last a lifetime. Now that I am a mom of two small girls, you can bet that I try and make each holiday just as memorable for each of them.
I have vivid memories of Easters. Going shopping with my mom for the perfect Easter dress and shoes. Something pink or white, little white gloves and shoes to match. Making Easter crafts with my Grandparents like glueing cotton balls on a cutout of a bunny. Reading stories about Peter Rabitt and waking up to see bunny paw prints outside my bedroom door with little bits of half eaten chocolates all of which lead to my Easter basket. My parents version of a bunny trail. Thinking back on it I am so grateful to my parents who took the time to make all these little details just for me.
We also lived next door to wonderful neighbors. An older couple who I lovingly called Aunt and Uncle even though they were not true relatives. Well, the wife, she is a mother of four with many many grandchildren. She really treated me like one of her grandchildren and I always remember her making me an Easter basket just as she did for her grandchildren. She baked tons and tons of Easter treats including these little birds nests. I LOVED these treats. I looked forward to her making them every year and it was always the first thing I ate from my basket. My parents still live next to this wonderful woman who has since lost her husband and she still continues on making holiday treats for all.
I recently asked her for the recipe. I knew the basic ingredients, but the method was what I questioned. I’m so excited that she would share the recipe with me so I can continue this tradition with my own daughters. This recipe is very easy and if you have little ones they can help which makes the whole experience that much more memorable.
- 10-12 large shredded wheat biscuits
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- JOLLY RANCHER Jelly Beans
- Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners, set aside.
- Crush the biscuits and put into a large bowl.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir warm mixture into shredded wheat.
- Scoop mixture by 1/4 cup into muffin tin and carefully press down into the center of each creating a nest.
- Place JOLLY RANCHER Jelly Beans in each nest and let treats harden on the counter until completely cooled and set.
How will you celebrate with HERSHEY’S this Easter?
Enter to win a HUGE assortment of HERSHEY’S Easter candy by entering the Rafflecopter below! Good luck!