Four Ingredient Icebox Pie // Recipe
The idea for this recipe popped into my head one afternoon. I really didn’t think it would turn out badly, but you never know what will happen when you start to experiment in the kitchen. Turned out great and its a perfect treat for a hot summer day. You probably have all the ingredients already so no need to run to the market for anything fancy.
There are just FOUR ingredients and then you wait for everything to set in the freezer.
- fresh fruit, sliced
- graham crackers
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Smash one sleeve of graham crackers in a food storage bag until you have a fine crumb. Or, pulse in the food processor.
- Melt the butter on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Mix the graham cracker crumb and butter together in a small bowl.
- In a loaf pan, lined with foil or wax paper, put about ½ the graham cracker mixture on the bottom as your first layer.
- Add a layer of yogurt. I used vanilla.
- Add a layer of sliced fresh fruit. I used strawberries.
- Add another layer of the graham cracker mixture, yogurt, and fresh fruit.
- Cover loosely with wax paper.
- Put into the freezer for 2-4 hours or until completely frozen.