Easy and Quick Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Blueberry picking season has come to an end here in Connecticut, but that doesn’t mean I am not going to keep enjoying all the delicious blueberries I find at the local farmers market! My youngest loves blueberries, especially when they are really cold, when she is teething. We eat those little berries on a daily basis and they are packed with some many goodies like fiber, vitamin C, and just 80 calories per cup with hardly any fat. I’ll be sad when winter begins and we don’t have as many fresh fruit options and THAT is why I am stocking up!
Blueberries freeze beautifully and so do homemade blueberry muffins!
I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com a few years ago and after trying several muffin recipes this one is a keeper. I have to share! If you don’t like blueberries you could always swap out the blueberries for something else.
**Using an ice cream scoop, I got 10 muffins from a 12 serving muffin tin. I also exchanged the white sugar (suggested) for brown sugar. I used muffin liners to ensure the muffins keep moist after they are baked. I stored them on the counter in a zip top bag and they didn’t last very long!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line with muffin tray liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Combine vegetable oil, egg and milk and mix with flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries and fill the muffin cups right to the top.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.