Comfy and Cozy // The Merino Kids Sleep Sack
Disclosure: I received the following product for review. All opinions are my own.
We just changed the clocks ahead. Meaning we lost an hour of sleep. There are quite a few things that can be worse, but for me, and for my kids, loosing an hour of sleep has some immediate side effects.
I am thankful for the daylight after a long day. I feel much more energized and my mood is upbeat. My kids are adjusting, but its taking time.
I am always looking for ways to make adjustments like this easy on everyone. Maybe a new blanket or lovie, or a new book for story time. Something to help us ease into the new bedtime.
A New Zealand based company, Merino Kids, reached out to me recently about a sleep sack. Of course I have mentioned my love for sleep sacks here in the past, but I was curious as to what made this brand different. I chose a neutral color, one that I could transition Anthony in when he is bigger. Once I received it I could not believe the quality and craftsmanship. This was no ordinary sleep sack and here is why:
- Made from luxuriously soft Woolmark-certified Superfine Merino. Expertly stitched by master tailors in India.
- GOTS-certified organic combed cotton outer layer gives extra durability for years of use. Machine washable.
- Naturally fire-resistant. Rated low fire risk without fireproofing chemicals.
- Fits growing child safely and comfortably for up to two years. Excellent value compared to other sleep sacks that last only a few months.
- Remarkable natural ability to regulate body temperature. Captures and circulates air to insulate child when the room temperature falls, and releases excess body heat and moisture as the room temperature rises. Child stays warm and dry without overheating.
- Recommended by textile scientists. A 2010 scientific study concluded infants are less likely to overheat or to become damp and chilled in a Merino Kids sleep sack compared with polar fleece sleep sacks.
- Meets all U.S. and international safety standards including UK BSI sleep sack safety certification. Child has freedom to move and room to grow, yet can’t slip underneath or wriggle out and wake uncovered and cold. Contoured bodice stays clear of face.
- Awarded the prestigious global iF Seal of Outstanding Design Quality. Unzips from the bottom for quick diaper changes and opens flat for easy dressing. Zipper is sewn inside lining and enclosed in a special fabric zipper guard to protect child’s skin. Opens at one shoulder only, won’t ‘pop open’ when child stands.
- Patented safety belt aperture enables child to wear their sleep sack in car seat and stroller. An essential innovation for busy parents, unique to Merino Kids.
- Also available: baby size 0-2 years, winter-weight for cooler rooms, and limited editions.
Val has repeatedly called this sleep sack “comfy’ and “cozy” and she is just 20 months! I always wonder if she is too hot or too cold at night, and now I can be certain she is resting comfortably at just the right temperature. I don’t think there is anything sweeter than being greeted by a smiling, happy face like this when your little one wakes.
Go check out Merino Kids and all of their products. They have something for every age ranging from newborn to toddler. Any item in their line would make a wonderful and unique gift for a new mom or mom to be. Every mom and their baby deserve a good nights sleep!