Pfizer Pediatrics wants to honor America’s Greatest School Nurse (Giveaway)
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
Is is no fun! No fun at all to have sick little ones. This year has been especially brutal on our three kids with two ladies in different schools we are prone to everything and anything.
Since my oldest gal is in all day kindergarten, I put faith in the school nurse to know when my daughter isn’t feeling well enough to complete her school day. I met with my daughter’s school nurse last Spring before the start of the school year and was so comforted to find how caring and concerned she is for the kids in her school. She gives you that feeling that you are going to be ok – like a grandmother to a grandchild.
Gabriella had some insane bouts of illness in September and the nurse really went above and beyond in my opinion. My daughter had strep throat that included a cough and often the cough would become too much for her in the classroom. She would head to the school nurse for some warmed water or cough syrup and a hug! OMG. Nothing like a hug to send you on your way, especially when you are 5 and just starting out in school. Other times my daughter has seen her for itchy feet, which was a symptom of her bout with fifths disease. The nurse rubbed some lotion on her feet and sent her back to class.
This nurse – she is a keeper! She even insists that the kids go out for recess when the weather permits. A little snow isn’t a big deal to her, and fresh air makes a world of difference for the kids rest of the afternoon.
I mean, that is some above and beyond care for a school nurse. I can remember dealing with some pretty interesting nurses in my school days, and not all so caring.
I have to tell you how you can nominate a school nurse in America’s Greatest School Nurse contest →
Information about the America’s Greatest School Nurse contest:
- Does your school nurse go above and beyond in educating and comforting their students? We want to hear about them! Nominations will be accepted nationwide from anyone who would like to honor their exemplary school nurse.
- One nurse from each state plus Washington D.C. will win a prize valued at $500 and will be entered to win the grand prize: the title of America’s Greatest School nurse and a trip for a getaway from school sickness.
- For more information and to read the full contest rules and submit a nomination, visit AmericasGreatestSchoolNurse.com. Nominations will be accepted from January 9 to February 23.
- Voting will be open from April 3 to April 16 and the winners will be announced in early May.
In our home, we keep the medicine cabinet stocked up this time of year for any and every symptom. You never know who is going to wake up feeling not so great and you don’t want to be without the products to make it better.
Information about the Pfizer pediatric products:
- Even with great school nurses around, kids get sick no matter how much you may try to prevent it. When sick gets real, the pediatric brands of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare are there with three solutions – Children’s Advil®, Children’s Robitussin® and Children’s Dimetapp® – to tackle the ickiest of symptoms.
- Ease those aches and pains, while reducing a child’s fever fast with Children’s Advil®, a great solution for kids as young as 2 and up to 11. Children’s Advil® comes in several great-tasting flavors, including: Sugar-free Dye-free Berry, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Fruit and Dye-Free White Grape flavors. There’s also Infants’ Advil® White Grape, which provides unsurpassed fever relief (among OTC pain relievers) with a syringe for easy dosing for children 6-23 months.
- For your child’s cough, trust Children’s Robitussin® Extended-Release 12 Hour Cough Relief to control and relieve symptoms all-day or all- night. Available in grape or orange flavor, for children ages 4 and up. Please note, certain Children’s Robitussin® products are only suitable for children ages 6 and up.
- Children’s Dimetapp® Multi-Symptom Cold Relief Dye-Free eases your child’s stuffy and runny nose, while quieting a bothersome cough. All in a great-tasting grape flavor that’s dye-free, for children 6 and up.
*It is important to remember to always read and keep the cartons for complete warnings and dosing information on Pfizer Pediatric products and to use as directed.
(1) $25 Visa gift card and additional Pfizer Pediatric products [(1) Children’s Advil® Suspension, Grape, (1) Children’s Robitussin ® Extended-Release 12 Hour Cough Relief, (1) Children’s Dimetapp® Multi-Symptom Cold Relief Dye-Free]