Nacho Recipe featuring Heluva Good! Cheese
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Heluva Good! Cheese as part of an Influence Central campaign and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Hey hey! Tomorrow is the first day of August and today is Monday AKA Meatless Monday. I’m already starting to think about back to school and meal planning since I’ve slacked off so much this summer.
I have a meatless recipe to share – it is kid approved, has protein, you don’t need any silverware to eat, and delicious! This has been on regular rotation most of the summer since it comes together so quickly and I usually have all the items stocked in the pantry. In addition to serving this to the family for dinner with a big side salad, I’ve made it as a hot appetizer when we’ve had summer cookouts.
I’ve recently found Heluva Good!® Block Cheese in the dairy aisle of my supermarket here in Connecticut. You must have eaten one of Helluva Goods! yummy dips before. Our favorite is their French Onion. But back to the cheese, it is sold in all our favorite varieties including Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Extra Sharp Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, White Extra Sharp Cheddar, White Sharp Cheddar, White Mild Cheddar, Muenster, Monterey Jack, Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar, Colby & Mild Cheddar.
I really think the secret to a good nacho recipe is freshly grated cheese. The way it melts into the chips and beans is so much better than the pre-shredded. Trust me!
So, lets make some nachos!
- 1 block Heluva Good! Cheese - Colby Jack or your favorite variety - shredded
- 1 can of refried beans or you can use your favorite chili
- 1 bag of yellow or blue corn chips
- sour cream
- Preheat the grill or oven to 450 degrees.
- Grab a cast iron skillet or oven proof pan, set aside.
- Grate your Heluva Good! Cheese with a cheese grater or food processor.
- In a small sauce pan, heat up the refried beans until warmed through.
- In the cast iron skillet, add one layer of corn chips to the bottom of the pan.
- Over the corn chips, sprinkle ½ cup of Heluva Good! Cheese, ½ cup refried beans, and layer more chips.
- Layer the rest of the ingredients until you don't have any left and top off with remaining Heluva Good! Cheese.
- Put the nachos into the oven or on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes or until all ingredients are hot and cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven or grill, top with your favorite toppings - guac, sour cream, salsa and enjoy!
Save 75¢ off Heluva Good! Cheese at Walmart Ibotta Offer → http://goic.io/sKqpAM limited quantities are available.
Let me know if you try this recipe! I’d love to hear if it is a win with your family or guests. You can switch up the ingredients any which way you like but cheese is always the glue that makes this recipe come together!