I know, I keep saying that Fall is my favorite season, but I just get so excited as what Fall has to offer…including my favorite seasonal craft, glitter pumpkins! I have been making these glitter pumpkins for at least seven years. I think the only year I skipped was the year G was born. 🙂 It was my friend Savannah who turned me on to these glitter pumpkins and of course its an idea that those clever peeps over at Martha Stewart initially developed.
My first endeavor on to this project had me ordering glitter online from a place called Art Glitter. I have been using that same glitter all these years. A little goes a long way and if you shake the excess back into the container it will last and last.
Now that Martha has her own line of glitter at Michael’s you could just go there for immediate gratification.
Here is what you will need:
- Medium sized paintbrush
- White glue
- Paper plate or newspaper
- pumpkin(s) – I used sugar pumpkins.
- Use your paintbrush to spread a complete layer of white glue over the surface of the pumpkin.
- Hold the pumpkin over a paper plate or newspaper to catch excess glitter.
- Sprinkle glitter all over the pumpkin covering it completely.
- Let dry for about 1 hour; shake off excess glitter.