World Oceans Day and Mystic Aquarium
World oceans day, first recognized in 2008, this world-wide affair takes place each year on June 8. Created for people around the planet to honor the ocean and admire its attributes, Mystic Aquarium joins in the celebration.
Join Mystic Aquarium and celebrate the sea on Saturday, June 6 from 10am – 2pm. Mystic Aquarium will host various activities intended to teach guests how they can help keep our ocean and its inhabitants healthy.
- Learn safe boating practices from the Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Find sustainable seafood options through Monterey Bay’s Seafood Watch Program
- Discover amazing ocean facts by participating in hands-on activities
- Take home a water conservation kit
- See how marine debris impacts the ocean environment
Guests can also enjoy arts and crafts and a themed scavenger hunt during their visit. Weather permitting; a small remotely operated vehicle will be used to explore the Marsh Trek.
Mystic Aquarium is one of my families favorite warm weather activities. Its the perfect place to visit with kids of all ages. The park is smaller in size and easy to manage as a day trip or a few hour visit. I’ve written about our adventures in Mystic before with my oldest and look forward to bringing the younger kids this year as well. There is truly something for all ages at Mystic Aquarium and the surrounding seaport!